Halfway Houses for Women in New Jersey
A halfway house is a safe, supportive, and structured place for men and women to continue along in their journeys of addiction recovery. Halfway houses provide a level of structure necessary to maintaining accountability. The level of safety and accountability is necessary to those in early recovery, and the environment will be made even more conducive to continued recovery when it is gender-specific.
In most cases, you can quickly tell whether or not a halfway house is reputable based on whether or not it allows exclusively men or exclusively women. If a halfway house allows members of both sexes to reside together, there is a good chance that it is not licensed or accredited.
Female-Specific Sober Living in New Jersey
Riverbend Residence offers halfway houses for women in New Jersey, providing a level of structured support and increased accountability that is necessary for long-term success in sobriety. We also offer a continuation of clinical care that helps our residents continue building upon the vital life skills, relapse prevention skills, and coping mechanisms that they first learned while in inpatient addiction treatment.
We have two female-specific halfway houses in New Jersey, serving women in Sussex County, New Jersey, and all surrounding areas. If you have recently completed a higher level of clinical care and are looking for the next step on your journey of recovery, we are more than happy to help – simply give us a call today to schedule an in-person tour and learn more about our New Jersey halfway houses for women.
Find New Jersey Women’s Only Sober Homes
Our gender-specific halfway houses in New Jersey enforce a specific set of rules and guidelines to help our female residents maintain accountability while learning how to thrive as productive members of society. Women feel at ease and comfortable knowing that a gender-specific atmosphere does not invite any unwanted interactions or advances. The guidelines for New Jersey women’s halfway houses include:
- Returning home by a certain time every evening and waking up by a certain time every morning.
- Participating in a 12 step program of recovery; attending daily 12 step meetings and working through the steps with a female sponsor.
- Keeping up with daily household chores and keeping common areas clean and tidy.
- Resolving any issues with other residents that might arise calmly and effectively.
- Committing to keeping the living environment copasetic; not fighting with or stealing from any of the other residents.
- Not bringing any members of the opposite sex onto the property unless first approved by a staff member (this is usually only applicable when it comes to immediate family members).
- Participating in daily group sessions (which usually take place in the morning), and include check-in and a brief discussion of any recovery-related challenges that might have arisen during the day prior.
- Committing to staying completely sober and free of all mood and mind-altering substances – this includes taking over-the-counter medications other than as prescribed in attempts to produce a psychoactive effect.
- Adhering to the set rules and guidelines without complaint.
- Paying monthly rent and actively working towards financial independence.
- Finding and maintaining a full-time job or attending school full or part-time.
Continue Your Journey of Healing
Our halfway houses for women in New Jersey cater to women of all ages who have recently completed a higher level of clinical care (medical detox and residential drug and alcohol rehab) and who are looking for continued support and a structured living environment. We also cater to women who have been struggling with a mild and easily managed substance abuse disorder and are simply looking for a higher level of accountability than they would find in an independent living situation.
Our halfway houses provide residents with all of the comforts of home along with several additional amenities and a wide range of recovery-related resources. For more information on our female-specific halfway houses in New Jersey, call Riverbend Residence today. We look forward to speaking with you soon at (844) 505-3447 and helping you continue along in your journey of recovery.