Find Halfway Homes Near Me
Finding reputable halfway homes near me that meet all your individualized needs might seem like a daunting process – but it certainly does not have to be. There are certain things to look for when you are picking out a sober living home. Of course, location is important. You want to live in a halfway house that is in a safe neighborhood that has employment opportunities, recreational activities, and easy access to twelve-step meetings for everyone at the house.
Why? One of the main priorities of inpatient treatment is helping men and women who are new to sobriety develop and maintain healthy and functional relationships – both with other clients and with their treatment teams. It is highly recommended that individuals stay with the same therapist they saw while in inpatient treatment even after they graduate from the program. Staying with the same therapist (who already has a firm grasp on your personal needs and requirements as well as your personal history) is conducive to long-term sobriety. There are other things to look for in a halfway house, aside from the convenience of the location. When finding a halfway house near you, look for:
- A solid and unwavering set of rules and guidelines, from curfew to daily house chores.
- A clean and tidy living environment.
- Gender-specific living, and firm rules about members of the opposite sex being disallowed on premises unless approved by house managers and support staff.
- On-site support staff members who live in the residence to ensure that rules are always being followed.
- 12 step immersion – meaning that daily Alcoholics Anonymous meeting attendance is mandatory and working through the steps with a sponsor is also required.
- Making a job mandatory (or full-time schooling, or regular volunteer work).
At Riverbend Residence, we are happy to help you find halfway homes near me. We currently have two gender-specific sober living houses in Sussex County, New Jersey, serving men and women throughout the state of New Jersey and all surrounding areas. If you have recently completed inpatient treatment and are looking to transfer to the next appropriate level of care, please feel free to reach out today to discuss admission options.
Benefits of Halfway Houses
You might be wondering, “How do I go about finding a reputable halfway house near me?” It is important to note that the majority of halfway houses in New Jersey are not reputable – many of them qualify as “flophouses,” meaning that they do not have the best interest of their residents at heart and they are essentially only open to commit insurance fraud.
A non-legitimate halfway house will drug test residents far more than is necessary, fail to enforce rules and guidelines, and allow men and women to live together under the same roof. Reputable halfway houses, such as Riverbend Residence, are geared towards making the transition back into fully independent living as seamless as possible while helping to further instill relapse prevention and life skills.
If you do end up in a legitimate sober living home, you will experience numerous benefits. Some of the more prominent benefits include:
- Ongoing support and encouragement from support staff members.
- Structure and accountability, which helps residents remain sober long-term.
- Accountability when it comes to mandatory 12 step meeting involvement.
- A secure environment in which to work through recovery-related issues as they arise.
- Vocational support: residents will be taught resume building and how to apply for a job.
- Residents will learn how to effectively communicate with one another while resolving any conflict that arises in a safe and supportive environment.
- Residents will learn how to be financially independent and fiscally responsible.
Riverbend Residence – Sober Living Near Me
If you are currently residing in New Jersey or out-of-state or have recently completed inpatient addiction treatment in Sussex County, New Jersey, or any surrounding areas and are looking to take the next step on the lifelong road to recovery, look no further than Riverbend Residence. Your search to find halfway homes near me ends today with our beautiful recovery residences.